Adoption isn’t the only way to make Houston a better place for dogs.
Check out some of the other ways you can make a difference
through ADORE Houston.
Foster a Dog
Our fosters do something remarkable: They take in a rescue animal who may have never experienced love, care and security before and help that pet get ready for his or her forever home.
We need fosters for pets of all breeds, sizes, ages and personalities. Some need more care and love than others. Some are socialized and some are not.
ADORE Houston covers all medical and food costs for pets in foster care. Foster families
provide beds, litter (for cats), collars, leashes and crates for puppies. They also give foster animals plenty of nurturing, support and stimulation to help them go from hungry and fearful to healthy and friendly.
This is a big commitment – sometimes it takes awhile to find a pet a home that's just right. But it also has big rewards: With your kindness, an animal who was once a stray can become a treasured part of someone's family.
Volunteer or Work With Us
Confident around dogs of any size or breed? Don't mind getting your hands or clothes a little dirty? Comfortable in the field or helping with computer work?
We're always looking for more positive, energetic volunteers who want to make a difference for Houston's homeless dogs.
And from time to time, we also have employment opportunities.
Check back regularly for the latest openings.
No Job Openings At This Time
Your tax-deductible donation means we can help more dogs get off the street and into safe and loving homes.
our wish list
- Pro Plan canned cat food (chicken and liver flavor, no salmon)
- Canned or dry puppy and dog food (Pro Plan, Purina, Science Diet, Nutro, Pedigree, Wellness)
- AD or ID canned food (available at veterinarians without a prescription; used for feeding dogs and cats who are starving or seriously ill)
- Jars of all-meat baby food (beef, chicken or turkey)
- Dog training treats (BilJac liver treats, Wellness Pure Rewards, Zuke’s Mini Naturals, Cloud Star Chewy treats)
- Paper towels
- Cloth towels
- Puppy pee pads
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Liquid bleach
- Trash bags (13- and 55-gallon sizes)
- Gel alcohol hand sanitizer
- Blankets, towels
- Chew toys (Nylabone preferred)
- Dog Kongs, Kong Stuff’n treats & paste
- Squeaky toys
- Toy balls, tennis balls
- Frontline Plus flea/tick prevention (all sizes)
- Heartgard Plus Chewables (all sizes)
- Advantage or Advantix flea/tick prevention (all sizes)
- Cotton tip applicators (Q-tips)
- Ivermectin 1% solution (available at most feed stores)
- First-class postage stamps (44 cents)
- Pens and Sharpie markers
- Scotch tape (refill rolls)
- Front clip harnesses (SENSE-ation or Easy Walk brands)
- Martingale collars
- 6-foot leashes (no retractable leashes)
- Kroger/HEB/Walmart/Target (for shelter supplies)
- Gas cards (to fuel our mobile adoption)
- Home Depot
- Natural Pawz
Only New or Excellent Condition
- Event tents (portable, pop-up tents for mobile adoption events)
- Dog wire kennels
- Dog travel kennels
- Dog beds (Kuranda)
other ways to give:
AmazonSmile will automatically donate 0.5% of your purchases to the charity you select. It costs you nothing, and it’s just like shopping on Amazon normally! Start at smile.amazon.com and search for ADORE Houston.
We are part of the Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor Donation program. You need to enroll for a card here and when you shop at Kroger a percentage of your purchase will be donated to us!
BarkBox is a New York City based, dog-lovin’ company that sends high quality dog products to your pup every month. If you want to gift a favorite item to a friend, use code ADOREBBX1 and you will receive $10 off your subscription and an additional amount of $10 will be donated to ADORE. It’s a win win!!
“If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”